svgcuts

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Dinosaur waterfall card using fiskars texture plates in the cuttlebug


dang- that's a LONG title!  Anywhoooo....MONTHS ago I bought a set of fiskars texture plates (which are bigger and cheaper than cuttlebug folders AND they are double sided) because I heard you could use them in the cuttlebug. Well, yes, you can... but for whatever reason I had trouble making it work back then.  So, here is the sandwich recipe to make it work correctly but you need to have a pair of Spellbinders Enlarged Embossing Pads (latex rubber sheets) which I found on ebay for $6. RECIPE: A Plate, rubber pad, cardstock, texture plate obviously with the texture you want facing the cardstock, 2nd rubber pad and finally the B plate.  TADAA!  The embossing with the fiskars plates isn't as deep as the cuttlebug, but it still looks great.  SO, this little dinosaur was made using the "leather" fiskars plate.  The entire card file came from SVGcuts.com from the Waterfall Cards kit.  When his tail is pulled, his mouth opens!  It was fun to put together and the kid who receives it will probably have fun with it, too:)

6 comments:

Anita said...

OMG!! This card is adorable!! I love it!! Hugs, Anita

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is so super fun!

Cindy Lovell said...

Thank you for becoming a follower!! :) :)
Awesome card! Love the googly eyes!!
And the texture is perfect for this little guy!!
I allready heard of it,with the texture plates.Aaaaand...i can't find mine anymore! :( Isn't that sad!

Debbie said...

Thank you so so very much for the information on how to use the fiskas plates. I love your card too.

Crafting Misfit said...

I have something for you at my blog, come check it out ;)

http://craftingmisfit.blogspot.com/

fitgardenerkristine said...

I have awarded you the Liebster Blog Award. Please come over and grab it from my blog. Thanks for all the inspiration you have given us crafters!