svgcuts

Monday, April 11, 2011

Cupcake Birthday Card



I treated myself to a little shopping at Joann Fabrics today!  I picked up the DCWV Celebration stack.  My youngest daughter has a friend's birthday to attend and I needed to make a card. So, once again, I used a file from SVGcuts.com's 3D birthday card kit.  The file includes a layered cupcake that I manipulated a bit in SCAL to get the pieces I wanted to use.  I knew I wanted to have the "frosting" white and a seperate piece of paper from the original sihlouette of a cupcake.  I covered the frosting piece in Glossy Accents and carefully sprinkled tiny multi-colored glass beads on it to make it appear to be cupcake sprinkles.  I'm happy with the result. :)  You can't see it in the photos, but the background cupcake paper has pretty blue foiled cupcake liners and the card "sparkles" in person.