svgcuts

Friday, April 15, 2011

Cake Box or Carrot Box Easter Treat holder

I know I'm not the only mommy out there making cute little carrot treat boxes for her preschooler's class :)  I just wanted to give my take on it!  I used the cakebox from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge at 5.5inches.  I wanted to give it some texture and I found the PERFECT fiskars texture plate in my stash!!!- the "carpet" plate.  It was kind of difficult placing the box cut-out on the plate so that most all of it was covered... but there's only a tiny piece that didn't get embossed and it's not very noticeable.  The fiskars plates are bigger than the original cuttlebug folders which is nice.  Again, I used the Spellbinders latex mats in my cuttlebug. If you want the sandwich recipe I used with the fiskars plates- click here for the post where I used them.
Here is a close-up of the "carpet" texure on my carrot box.

Then I used my crop-a-dile to insert an eyelet in the top of the box.


I had curled a bunch of ribbon (click here if you would like to know how I did that) and I had this green left over from my bow making.  In the future I think I will just use regular paper curling ribbon.  I cut a few pieces and pulled them through the top of the box and knotted them underneath so they wouldn't pull out.  Finally, fill the open box with some Easter candy and then I used my ATG gun to close it up.

Tada!  A cute little carrot box filled with Easter candy for the kiddiewinkies!! :)  The finished box measure 3.5 inches from bottom of carrot to top.