svgcuts

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My First Paper Cake!

It's Administration Appreciation Day tomorrow at my daughter's high school and we are sending in "thank yous" to the headmaster, 2nd headmaster, secretary, etc....  I made the paper cake to match their school colors. I filled each "slice" with wrapped candies.

The top has a paper rosette topped with two scalloped circles and then stamped it with "thank you very much".  I put terrifically tacky tape on the back of the rosette to hold it in place on the cake.

I am lucky enough to have a commercial copy of the school's logo because I'm the yearbook advisor, so I printed them, punched them out with my circle punch and put one on the end of each slice.  The trouble was finding a large enough "plate" for the "cake".  I ended up using the top of a hat box.  Finally, I tied red ribbon around all the slices to hold them in place.

1 comment:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very nice! They are sure to appreciate it!